- Industry: Oil/Gas/Petroleum
- Career: Management
- Job Location: Abu Dhabi
- Salary: Unspecified
- Experience: 5 - 7 Years
- Job Type: Full Time
- Gender: Male
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Street: Al Thanyah First
- City: Dubai
- Listed: April 16, 2019 4:43 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
• Responsible for supporting the project team in achieving high
client expectations in road safety and quality traffic
• Ensuring effective client relationships and scheme delivery
on a large construction contract
• Responsible for providing site teams and key stakeholders
with road safety advice including but not limited to road
layout and geometry, cross section, temporary traffic
management, link and junction operation, traffic signage,
movement of vulnerable road users such as pedestrians and
cyclists and movement of construction vehicles
• Thorough knowledge of road safety industry practices and in
particular road safety auditing process, highways and
temporary traffic management related to construction and
• Strong technical skills are required and capable of working
to tight deadlines.
• To be proactive and ensure compliance concerning Work Zone
Traffic Management and associated related procedures.
• Be proactive as lead road safety engineer and identify
locations/risk areas of potential 3rd party vehicle
collisions and make associated recommendations to eliminate
• Responsible for reviewing and endorsing contractors Temporary
Traffic Management Drawings (TMDs) and Traffic Diversion
Plans (TDPs) and construction activities as they apply to
Works adjacent to live traffic flows.
• Review scheme information where it is required in the
construction phase of the project such as Shop Drawings,
Material Submittals, Method Statements, RFIT related to
Traffic/Diversion Information /ITS/HSES/Quality submissions.
• Resolving technical issues on Work Zones and ensuring
compliance with contract requirements (QWZTMG).
• Ensure delivery of daily/weekly/monthly site assessment,
inspection and compliance reports.
• Provide input to performance reviews and development plans
• Assist in specialist training/briefings/toolbox talks.
• Identify Lessons Learned that can be cascaded for project
Note: Should have ADNOC CERTIFICATE
• Degree in Civil Engineering or Road Safety Engineering or
another related field and 5 years of work experience in a
similar role related to temporary traffic management road
safety engineering and road safety audits
• Proficient in Accident Investigation techniques, remedial
measures, scheme implementation and monitoring/evaluation of
works including Before and After studies.
• A background in assessing driver behaviour and Crash or
Forensic Investigation would be an advantage.
• Proven history is conducting route studies, preparing crash
investigation reports, the design of accident remedial
schemes, the design of temporary traffic management layouts
and implementation of traffic diversion plans.
• Has completed recognized Road Safety Audit training and
ideally a holder of a Certificate of Competency in Road