- Industry: Import/Export
- Career: Mid Career
- Job Location: Dubai
- Salary: Unspecified
- Experience: 5 - 7 Years
- Job Type: Full Time
- Gender: Any
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Street: Business Bay
- City: Dubai
- Listed: August 18, 2022 11:40 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Support team of contracts, shipping, and trade finance operations responsible for the safe and timely execution of company’s physical cargo deliveries.
The Operator shall coordinate and/or execute all aspects of the deals and deliveries, as well as assist traders and managers for a safe opening, execution and closing of each transaction, contract, bank security and shipping related action.
The Operator shall also get involved in the day-to-day activities that include:
– Purchase and sale contracts preparation
– Freight/Post fixture operations and their respective charter-parties
– Bank security instruments used for such executions (documentary and standby letters of credits)
– Claims management
– Diligent review of contract, shipping, and bank instruments execution.
– Problems solving
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
– At least 5 years of similar experience in the Oil, Metals, any Dry Bulk cargo, Agri commodities. Other products experience is an added advantage.
– Expert knowledge of oil, coal, metals or agri logistic operations.
– Import and export letters of credits handling (drafting, opening, optimisation and closing) is a must.
– Strong numerical and commercial mindset are very important.
– Good coordination and planning skills to liaise on tight logistics deadlines
– Ability to be flexible and work to deadlines and under pressure.
– Candidate Must Have Good Command On Written And Spoken English & French.
Reporting to Head of Trade Finance & Operations and coordinating with peers and traders.
1. Contract management: Contract drafting, vetting, optimisation
Contract execution (invoicing, payments, release orders)
Cargo Insurance management (negotiation, declarations, policies renewal)
2. Shipping: Vessel chartering including freight/fixture terms /negotiation and finalisation with trading team. End to end post fixture operations of vessel. Freight differential calculation
3. Documentation including Operations & Execution documentary instructions in adequation with contracts and letters of credit, Coordination with agents, owners, terminals.
4. Insurance: Taking care of Marine cover for the cargo, arranging required Insurance policies, as per trade requirement.
5. Trade finance execution
– L/C drafting and optimization (import vs export L/C)
– L/C execution and invoice + documents negotiation
– L/C deadlines management (expiry dates, shipment dates, etc.)
6. LOI submission and follow up for necessary documentation at discharge port
7. Claims & Demurrage
– Operational claims management:
– Quantity or quality claims
– Demurrage/despatch, detention
– Calculation of laytime, demurrage, etc.
8. Data management: creation, update, controlling and closing of “deals’ profit & loss” in database.
9. Communication & coordination Co-ordination with peers and all stakeholders for efficient contract, shipping and L/C execution.
Most employers look for people who feel confident working in an international environment. To be successful, professionals need to be able to present themselves well […]
International Shipping Company based in Dubai. Looking for Female Secretary for Marketing. Shipping Experience Preferred. Drop a CV @email@example.com