- Industry: Oil/Gas/Petroleum
- Career: Management
- Job Location: Abu Dhabi
- Salary: Unspecified
- Experience: 5 - 7 Years
- Job Type: Full Time
- Gender: Male
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Street: Al Thanyah First
- City: Dubai
- Listed: April 16, 2019 4:43 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
• Monitor and ensure implementation of HSEMS.
• Implement and monitor performance of Environment Management
• Conduct Environment Aspect / Impact assessment for
• Conduct Environmental awareness / training sessions.
• Reports to Environmental Superintendent on all project
• Supports Environmental Officer and Project Manager in
adherence to Environment Management Plans
• Performs incident and accident investigations and report
findings back to Environmental
• Superintendent Reviews and monitors Environmental Officer s
performance in projects.
• Assists and performs internal management system audits to
monitor compliance with the company EMS
• Educational Qualifications & Certifications:
• B.Sc. in Environmental Science or any relevant field
• Technical certificates in Environment management
• Knowledge of International and Local applicable environmental
laws and regulations
• Knowledge and understanding of the ISM Code, mandatory rules
and regulation, applicable codes, guidelines and standards as
• Develop and implement environmental monitoring programs to
ensure full compliance with applicable emission and discharge
• Develop programs to manage air emission, wastewater discharge
waste disposal and radiology.
• Implement waste management plans including develop and keep
update waste inventory, waste containment and storage, and
disposal, in accordance with local regulatory and corporate
• Develop and maintain environmental-related procedures as
required for the conformance with relevant management
standards, and compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Report environmental performance of the site to relevant
stakeholders, including regulatory agencies, corporate,
business partners and other interested parties.
• Provide environmental inputs and expert opinion to the
management team, project team, business partners and other
affected teams, as and when required.
• Facilitate environmental assurance, compliance or
verification audits by regulatory agencies, business
partners, and external parties
• Maintain professional liaison with stakeholders pertinent to
the environmental matters.
• Monitor progress of environmental improvement programs.
• Inspect sour gas plant facilities and programs in order to
evaluate operational effectiveness and ensure compliance with
• Advise management about environmental policies and standards.
Note: With ADNOC Certificate
• Should have Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, like Earth
Science or Environmental Studies, as well as adequate
experience in their field
• Should have minimum 5 years in similar capacity
• Ability to apply the knowledge of mathematics, science and
• Capable of conducting experiments, as well as to analyze and
• Ability to design a system, component, or process to meet
desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic,
environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety,
• Familiar with ENVID and incident investigation process
• Familiar with EMS audits and its reporting procedures.
• Familiar with use of environmental monitoring tools and
assessment of chemical/environmental parameters
• Ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering
• Ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering
tools necessary for engineering practice
• Strong problem solving skills
• Able to function on multidisciplinary teams
• Good understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
• Capable of communicating effectively
• Required technical skills International environmental
regulation as well as any new policies
• Computer modeling, digital mapping and Geographic Information