- Industry: Facility Management
- Career: Mid Career
- Job Location: Dubai
- Salary: Unspecified
- Experience: 2 - 5 Years
- Job Type: Full Time
- Gender: Male
- Email: email@example.com
- Street: bay square
- City: Dubai
- Listed: February 17, 2019 12:09 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
We are looking for a qualified Carpenter to cut, fabricate and install wooden and other structures according to specifications. Your job will demand working in various settings to produce steady and functional infrastructure and products.
1. Should have more than 10 years of experience in construction or fit out or maintenance field, who have worked under LUXURY, HOSPITALITY and VILLAS.
2. Study specifications in blueprints, sketches or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
3. Assemble and fasten materials to make framework or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
4. Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, and other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter’s hand tools, and power tools.
5. Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
6. Install structures and fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, and trim, or hardware, using carpenter’s hand and power tools.
7. Finish surfaces of woodwork or wallboard in houses and buildings, using paint, hand tools, and paneling.
8. Cover subfloors with building paper to keep out moisture and lay hardwood, parquet, and wood-strip-block floors by nailing floors to subfloor or cementing them to mastic or asphalt base.
9. Fill cracks and other defects in plaster or plasterboard and sand patch, using patching plaster, trowel, and sanding tool.
10. Perform minor plumbing, welding and/or concrete mixing work.
11. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates.
12. Keep records and compiles reports of work performed by carpentry crew.
High school diploma; Successful completion of a carpentry apprenticeship program is required.
• Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials
• Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
• Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers etc.)
• Ability to read technical documents and drawings
• Good knowledge of English
• Good understanding of basic math
• Good physical condition and endurance